Ruth Soller » Blog


1/10/2024 12:27:37 PM

Red Essential, Limitless Potential

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

"Red Essential, Limitless Potential" opens Tuesday, Jan. 9th at Framed Image, Denver, CO, Two of my paintings included in this radiant exhibition are "Raindrops on Hibiscus" oil on birch, 18x24 and "Zang Mansion in Spring" oil on linen, 14x11. If you are in Denver I hope you will visit the show. RuthSoller.com

I perceive the Hibiscus flowers opening me to a broader vision of my abilities and of opportunities in the world around me. Fuchsia hues awaken me from the gentle gray tones of winter and energize me to see the brilliant abundance of new life in spring. The contrast of the variety of greens against the pinks causes a visual vibration that excites my eyes and creates positive emotions of joy and peace.

My magical landscapes express the healing power of color experienced in nature. Greens represent growth and refreshment while blues are serene and trustworthy. Feeling the awe of nature creates energy in our bodies which strengthens our health and increases our happiness. My purpose is to share positive emotions which bring peace and joy to our lives.

Read More

4/20/2023 1:19:09 PM

Spring Rabbit

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

Spring Rabbit, oil on canvas, 9x12, original available

I spied this rabbit on one of my morning walks and decided to paint him in this lovely spring flower garden of daffodils and grape hyacinths. I enjoy painting the beauty of nature that I often find nearby in my own yard or my neighborhood. This piece is galery wrapped and painted around the edges, ready to display in your home or as a gift for a nature lover.

Read More

4/5/2022 11:05:25 AM

Raindrops on Hybiscus chosen for Healing Power of Color

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

 

I'm honored that my "Raindrops on Hybiscus" oil painting is selected along with 100 artists worldwide for "The Healing Power of Color" Exhibition 2022 published on The Healing Power of Art and Artists website by curator Renee Phillips, founder of Manhattan Arts International.

Read More

6/30/2020 12:08:15 PM

Pawnee Buttes National Grasslands

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

This original oil painting was commissioned by one of my new collectors of the Pawnee Buttes National Grasslands. We arrived early to photograph the sunrise in the park and I took shots of the wildflowers in bloom. Although this is a remote location acessed by a dirt road, several campers were on a bluff overlooking the buttes. Raptor nesting areas were blocked off from hikers. At sunrise all was peaceful and quiet.

Do you have a favorite location that you would love to have an original painting of? Please email me [email protected] to discuss your idea. Read More

5/5/2020 4:59:24 PM

Annette Brand View

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

This is a plein air painting I did at Annette Brand Park overlooking Longs Peak in the distance. Notice layers of cumulus clouds floating above the mountains with azure sky peeking through the clouds. This painting is gallery wrapped and ready to hang unframed. Read More

4/25/2020 12:26:25 PM

Dream Lake Rocky Mountain National Park SOLD

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

Steve and I hiked to Dream Lake on our 20th Anniversary, soon after moving to Colorado. It was a glorious summer day with a cobalt blue sky and crisp breeze. Stellar jays and magpies chattered while chipmunks skittered across lichen dotted granite boulders. Colors were pure and intense in my special memory. I'd enjoy hearing about your memory of Rocky Mountain National Park.

You may wonder how I painted Dream Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park. I drew a colored pencil sketch on paper and I tested my composition and color choices in an oil study. I selected one tree for the foreground and extended reflections in the lake further into the foreground.

On the large canvas I painted the sky first and liked the look of it. I painted mountains and distant trees before the water and foreground. I decided the reflections looked like a mirror rather than water, so I added more blues in the water and blurred edges in the reflections. Now I felt the water was competing with the mountains to be my focal point. I created ripple action and a curving path to lead your eye from foreground to mountains. I hope you enjoyed learning about the evolution of Dream Lake RMNP.

This painting is available framed at my studio and you may purchase from the link below using PayPal. You may view this in a room by clicking "Room" or view detail by clicking "Zoom". Please email or call me if you have questions or need more information.
http://ruthsoller.com/workszoom/588619#/ Read More

9/19/2019 3:42:33 PM

Waterfall at Golden Ponds

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

I painted this waterfall en plein air at Golden Ponds in Longmont, CO, where it was refreshingly cool in the shade near the base of the falls. The roar and splash of the flowing water provided a calming background music. What a lovely day to enjoy nature.
In my studio I refined values and edges. Read More

3/8/2018 9:03:33 PM

Bring on the Spring

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

Winter Gypped Us! Bring On The Spring Exhibit & Sale: 

Framed Image, March 6th-April 30th

 

 

Scarlet poppies brilliantly pop against a contrasting yellow-green and blue-green background.

As winter roars on in the northeast, we behold the promise of spring.

 

Painting in Longs Garden amongst the rows of irises in every hue was almost heaven. Dark clouds threatened rain with sunlight piercing intermittently. Fragrances wafted by on a cool breeze. Did you realize varieties of irises have unique fragrances. For example the old fashioned purple irises have a grape scent, while the yellow blooms are lemon scented. A newer variety with a gold, pink and lavender blossom hinted an aroma of fruit salad.
Read More

3/14/2017 10:36:13 AM

Red Poppies

Ruth Soller / 1 Comment

Scarlet poppies brilliantly pop against a contrasting yellow-green and blue-green background. As winter roars on in the northeast, we behold the promise of spring. Read More